WELCOME TO REALDEEPDISH.COM!
This post has been stickied – If you are on the main home page, scroll down for more recent articles or, ya know… you could read this one first. 🙂
You may or may not have noticed that there is now a top menu link to the
REAL DEEP DISH CHICAGO STYLE PIZZA RECIPE .
If you haven’t had the opportunity to read the other articles on the website, but are just itching to make a deep dish pizza, do yourself a favor and…
READ THE RECIPE ALL THE WAY THROUGH… TWICE!
It doesn’t take very long to make deep dish if you have all of your ingredients and equipment ready to go, but don’t set yourself up for failure by trying to grab all the stuff at the very last second.
You can make deep dish pizza dough that’s ready to use in as little as 90 minutes
(although a 2 hour rise is recommended).
Here’s a few basics:
• While your dough finishes rising, pizzafy and preheat your oven.
• While your oven is preheating, get out your hardware: a deep dish pizza pan, serving spatula, pan gripper (or potholders if you don’t have a gripper), and a trivet or extra potholder to go under your hot pizza pan.
• It can take 5 to 15 minutes to build your pizza, so when your oven is preheated (or if you have a pizza stone which has been heating for at least 45 minutes) spray the bottom of your pizza pan with a little cooking spray; then press out your dough.
• Cover the bottom with overlapping slices of mozzarella, dot the pizza with bits of raw italian sausage (and/or pepperoni) to cover; then cover completely with crushed tomatoes.Take about 1/8th cup grated romano/parmesan into your hand about 12 inches over the pizza, and sprinkle the cheese over the top like snow. You don’t need much. Now your pizza is ready to go into the oven.
• When your pizza is ready, let it rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into it so the liquids don’t go spilling out all over.
So now you have some tips and you’ve got the recipe.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
For the love of deep dish,
MAKE A PIZZA ALREADY!
Waiting for the next infrequent article and
looking for more pizza related content?
Follow Real Deep Dish on Facebook!
See pizzas I’m baking, get occasional tips and tricks, and pizza adjacent links and stories.
School yourself on Chicago Pizza!
Deep Dish 101:
When you buy great items like this Deep Dish Pan, you are supporting this website. Thanks!
Allied Deep Dish Non-Stick Black Buster Pizza Pan – 12 Inch – $18.85